Frequently Asked Questions
How does online escrow work?
Online escrow is a five-step payment process that protects Buyers and Sellers in a transaction. Lipasafe.com holds the funds in trust while goods and/or services are delivered from Seller to the Buyer. Lipasafe.com only releases the funds once the Buyer has received and accepted the goods and/or services. To view more information about Lipasafe.com’s process, click here.
How long does the escrow process take?
While most transactions are completed within 1 to 10 business days, transaction timelines are still unique to each transaction and depend on the steps below. You can estimate the timeline of your transaction below:
- Account Creation and Verification: Account creation is quick and simple. You simply fill out the required fields on Lipasafe.com and verify your telephone and email. (ETA: 2 minutes)
- Buyer's Payment Method: Buyers may pay for their transactions via MPESA (ETA: 1 minute)
- Delivery time: Delivery from Seller to Buyer depends on the delivery method, and whether Buyer and Seller are transacting digital goods, physical goods, or services. Lipasafe.com requires all tangible merchandise be sent via a shipping method that provides some sort of tracking method e.g. receipt, tracking number e.t.c
- Inspection Period: The Buyers and Sellers will agree on the Inspection Period, which is between (ETA: 1 - 30 days).
- Disbursement Method: Sellers can receive funds via MPESA. (ETA: 1 day)
If your transaction takes longer than expected, contact our customer care department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with our support team when they are online. They can provide additional information or guidance as to the cause of any delays.
How does Lipasafe.com protect me?
Lipasafe.com holds funds while goods move and services are completed. Lipasafe.com ensures Sellers are paid when they deliver goods or complete agreed upon services, ensuring Buyers receive a refund if goods are not delivered or services rendered. Lipasafe.com also vets Buyers and Sellers to ensure fraudulent users are removed.
- How Buyers are protected:
- The Seller isn't paid until the Buyer inspects and accepts the merchandise or services or the agreed-upon Inspection Period expires.
- Full or partial refunds can be issued if there is a problem with the goods or services.
- Lipasafe.com provides independent agents to verify delivery of merchandise to the Buyer using shipping data the Seller provides to Lipasafe.com.
- How Sellers are protected:
- Sellers receive their funds once they deliver the goods or services, the Buyer accepts the goods or services, or the agreed-upon Inspection Period expires.
- The Seller is notified to ship the merchandise and services once Lipasafe.com confirms funds have been approved and secured from the Buyer and all anti-fraud regulations have been met.
- If merchandise has been returned, we provide independent agents to verify delivery of merchandise to the Seller using shipping information provided by the Buyer.
When should I use Lipasafe.com?
Lipasafe.com may be used for transactions involving the sale of most goods and services. We are ideal for high-priced goods and services (above KES 1,000). Our service is also ideal when Buyer and Seller have no prior understanding.
We’re often used for purchases on social media market places, classified ads websites, business-to-business trading and online merchants. Lipasafe.com is not currently used for real estate transactions.
To view categories of goods and services not protected by Lipasafe.com, click here.
How do I check the status of my transactions?
To check the status of your transaction, you simply sign into your Lipasafe.com account. After signing in, you can access your transaction view page to see the progress of your Lipasafe.com transactions.
How do I change transaction details and terms?
Changes can be made on the “Transaction View Page” after signing onto Lipasafe.com when the status is “NOT ACCEPTED”.
If you are waiting for the other party to agree, only that party has access to the "EDIT" button. Once both parties have agreed to the terms, the transaction cannot be modified.
The following are options available to modify:
- Changing the length of Inspection Period
- Adding / changing shipping costs (paid by buyer)
- Changing the amount
How do Buyers or Sellers cancel transactions?
Prior to the agreement of terms by both parties, the Buyer or Seller can cancel the transaction by clicking the “Cancel” button on the transaction detail screen.
After both parties have confirmed transaction details in the Agreement phase, either party may cancel the transaction, if Lipasafe.com has not received the Buyer's funds, by sending an email request to email@example.com.
After funds are secured, the cancellation of a transaction can only be done by Lipasafe.com after notification of both parties.
If I have any questions about the product, do I contact Lipasafe.com?
We highly recommend all Buyers reach out directly to their Sellers to find out more about the products and/or services being exchanged in their transactions. It is critical for both parties to agree upon the precise description of that being sold or rendered. If there are any questions about any element of the transaction, this should be clarified at the commencement of any transaction.
The product should be clearly defined in the “Description” section of the transaction, and both the Buyer and Seller must agree on all aspects of the transaction, including the “Description” section at the inception of a transaction.
Additionally, once the Buyer receives the products and/or services, the Inspection Period becomes critical to ensure the products and/or services are exactly those listed in the “Description” or agreement. If the product and/or service is not what was agreed upon at the inception of the transaction, the Buyer has the opportunity to return or reject the products and/or services before the Inspection Period expires.
Does Lipasafe.com provide services for all merchandise?
When are funds released to the Seller?
Lipasafe.com releases funds to the Seller when the Buyer accepts products and/or services or after the Inspection Period has expired. A Buyer can accept products and/or services by clicking on the “Accept” button in their Lipasafe.com account.
To read more information about how online escrow works, [click here][/overview/what-is-escrow].
Can I purchase a live animal through Lipasafe.com?
Originating from Kenya, we fully support farmers and pet breeders. Transactions involving live animals are allowed.
How long should i take to check my Lipasafe.com account for updates?
Once you have a transaction in progress, you are required to log in on it at least twice a day to check in on new updates. Becoming unresponsive can lead to automatic actions being taken in your absence.